370 C compilers

ron at Brl-Tgr.ARPA ron at Brl-Tgr.ARPA
Fri Apr 6 01:13:15 AEST 1984

From:      Ron Natalie <ron at Brl-Tgr.ARPA>

Stay away from the RSI C compiler with VMS.  It doesn't work worth beans
and RSI isn't interested in fixing up its most glaring problems.

I understand that there is an MVS C compiler from Bell.

I talked with AMDAHL about coming out with a VM/CMS vesion of the C compiler
that they have inside UTS.  They said they didn't plan it, but they were
amazed that there was actually a non-trivial demand for a VM C-compiler.
They may do something if enough people ask for it.

-Ron