370 C compilers

bet at ecsvax.UUCP bet at ecsvax.UUCP
Tue Apr 10 13:19:21 AEST 1984

I recently inquired about available C compilers for IBM system 370 running
OS/MVS, and came up with 2, plus another. The two are:

	AT&T -  $4000, ($400 for educational institutions) per CPU.
		No maintenence, no support, but seems to be a mature,
		stable product, implementing standard C with stdio.

	Whitesmiths - $5000 (no known educational discount). Supported,
		under developement, flagrantly non-standard I/O library.

The other is soon to be released (~ 1 month, they said), from U. of Waterloo,
$900. No details known, we are waiting to find out what it is like.

Unless Waterloo pans out well, it looks like AT&T is the definite choice.

				Bennett Todd
				...{decvax,ihnp4,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!bet