4.2's memory needs on a 750

Phil Ngai phil at amd70.UUCP
Sun Apr 29 03:37:54 AEST 1984

I am putting together a 750 to run 4.2 BSD and was going to order only
2 Mb for it, as we typically only have about 3 or 4 people doing real work.

I am hearing that 4.2 has gotten so big (or something) that 2 Mb
isn't really enough, even for the small number of users I'll have.

I would appreciate input from people who have tried to run 4.2 with
only 2 Mb as to whether that's enough or I should really order more
and if so, how much more to support 4 active users (compiling, etc)?

Thanks,
--
Phil Ngai (408) 988-7777 {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra,intelca}!amd70!phil