Need downloader to RSX-11M (gasp)

John R. Hall jhall at ihuxu.UUCP
Sat Apr 28 23:38:02 AEST 1984

The buffer size can be set larger than 80 bytes by use of the "set"
command I believe.  I don't remember what the max is - probably 132.
The buffer is allocated from pool space upon hitting the first character
in a line.  You can check this by first doing a set:pool command, then
do another time after hitting a letter on another terminal.  The difference
(assuming nothing else used pool in the meantime), is your terminal
buffer size.

However, the best way to see what's going on is to use the dynamic status
program "rmd", which is distributed through DECUS.  I highly recommend
rmd for getting an idea of what's in memory and to monitor that most
important commodity of pool space.  If you have less than 1000 bytes or
so of pool space free, you're in trouble.  If this is a problem for
you, send mail and I'll tell you a neat way to use the "catchall" task
to free up some pool space.

Also, I think typeahead of some sorts is available if you select the so-called
"full-duplex" terminal driver at sysgen time.  However, when I tried to
select it, there were assembler errors and I didn't want to figure out
what was wrong.

All the above discussion is based upon my recollection of v 3.2 of about
three years ago...long live PIP!!!
--
--John R. Hall, ...ihnp4!ihuxu!jhall