370 C compilers

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-vgr.ARPA
Wed Apr 18 12:48:25 AEST 1984

Although I have no financial interest in Whitesmiths, I have used their
C (and Pascal) systems and would like to correct a misconception.  A
company called Plum-Hall offers a UNIX flavor of the C library for the
Whitesmiths product, and the two should be ordered together.  I was
under the impression that Whitesmiths was going to make IDRIS conform
to the /usr/group and/or UNIX System V standards, as well as change the
C library to conform.  I have not kept abreast of the latest developments
from Whitesmiths, so this may not have happened or be happening...