how to do overlays in v7???

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Wed Apr 11 09:45:36 AEST 1984

After some minor investigation, we added the following line to the
"BUGS" section of our ld(1) manual page:

	The proper use of overlays is an undocumented black art.

The odds are very high that V7 overlays don't do what you want.
My understanding is that they were added solely for the benefit of
Steve Bourne's (unreleased) Algol 68 compiler, and nobody else has
any idea of how they work or what they do.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology