reading of local .exrc files

Dick Dunn rcd at opus.UUCP
Sat Apr 28 11:46:20 AEST 1984

<>
>Adding suffix dependent setup to vi is straight forward.  I have a
>shell script in my own 'bin' that uses the suffix to select
>initialization commands...

What a novel idea!  I'm glad that someone out there remembers that it is
possible to do things without either writing a special-purpose program or
adding YA feature to an existing program.  I remember that we used to do
things like that with UNIX...wait a minute...

Seriously, I'm amazed at the way programs pile up features when there are
other good ways (shell scripts foremost) for users to tailor their
environments.
--
...Cerebus for dictator!				Dick Dunn
{hao,ucbvax,allegra}!nbires!rcd				(303) 444-5710 x3086