Ditroff and .ll

phil at RICE.ARPA phil at RICE.ARPA
Thu Apr 26 19:24:34 AEST 1984

From:  William LeFebvre <phil at RICE.ARPA>

Either I am missing something or device independent troff still does
not let you set a line length greater than 7.54 inches.

1)  Am I missing something or is this true?

2)  Is it as easy to change as changing a compiled-in constant or are
    there internal buffers that depend on this restriction?

3)  Has someone already done this or should I pursue it on my own?

I need to be able to print things in landscape mode all the way across
the page.  In other words, I want to set the line length to 11i and the
page length to 8.5i and print sideways on a piece of paper.

                                William LeFebvre
				Department of Computer Science
				Rice University
                                <phil at Rice.arpa>