nroff/troff "ms" macro.

Randall S. Becker randy at utcsrgv.UUCP
Sun Apr 8 11:14:03 AEST 1984

While perusing through a description of the "ms" macro for nroff/troff
under the title "Typing Documents on the UNIX System: Using the -ms
Macros with Troff and Nroff" by Lesk, I came across the macro "QP"
which supposedly allows one to enter a Quoted Paragraph. Since this
happened to be exactly what I needed I tried that command. It proceeded
to cause the paragraph following the one "QPed" to be too wide.
I should mention that aside from the brief mention of QP I have found no
other mention of QP in that or any other document. It did not even appear
in the command summary at the end of the document.
	A possible correction for this problem is to place a ".QE" after you
paragraph,but I haven't a clue as to why this works. Does anyone have any
idea of what is going on with the obscure "QP" paragraph?

Randy Becker
..!{allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!utcsrgv!randy