BSD4.2 networking s/w

Jim Crammond jim at hwcs.UUCP
Tue Aug 7 02:30:23 AEST 1984

Does anyone know how to get all this networking software on BSD4.2
to work over a serial line between two machines, perhaps connected via
a modem?

Things like rlogin, talk and so on seem like a nice idea, but we don't
happen to have an ethernet lying around anywhere at the moment.

I've read the documentation in /usr/doc/ipc and /usr/doc/net and hunted
around various other places and it seems that maybe ifconfig probably holds
the key.

However, I can't find any examples of how to setup a network interface to
physical port.

	Thanks, Jim Crammond		ukc!edcaad!hwcs!jim