4.2 question lint -C

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Fri Jan 27 04:55:58 AEST 1984

I've noticed going through the man pages for 4.2 that lint now creates lint
libraries using the new -C<foo> option. In playing with this, it turns out
these libraries are in an internal format instead of the format used by
things like llib-lc. Of course, there is not section 5 page on the format
of the <lib>.ln files, and there doesn't seem to be a way to use this
option to create straight ascii versions of the file. Does someone have the
format for the .ln files? What is the advantage of generating libraries
this way? Is there any way (beside my posted lintlib program) to generate
readable lint libraries? Have I missed something (again)?

--
>From the house at Pooh Corner:	Chuq (a Silly Old Bear)
				{fortune,menlo70}!nsc!chuqui
				have you hugged your Pooh today?

The difficult we gave up on yesterday, the impossible we are giving up on now.