Terminal Paging

phil%rice at sri-unix.UUCP phil%rice at sri-unix.UUCP
Sun Jan 22 08:20:29 AEST 1984

From:  William LeFebvre <phil at rice>

I can't contain myself any longer....

I am in the process of writing a really slick terminal pager.  When I
started on it, I decided that it would be more than more, so I chose
the name "most".  What can I say?  Its biggest advantage over every
other terminal pager that I have seen is it understands that context
isn't limited to 24 (or whatever) lines.  It allows you to travel
backwards thru the text as well as forward -- even on standard input.
This convenience has its price -- it doesn't behave well on a non-paged
system.  That means it would probably croak on Sys V and such.  I don't
want to give it away yet, but I plan on giving it to whoever asks when
I feel that it is ready.  There are a few things that are missing right
now.  But, everyone at Rice uses it and loves it, even if there are
some things that it doesn't do.  So, if you can hold on to your paging
horses for awhile, "most" will be available.

                                William LeFebvre
                                ARPANet and CSNet: phil at rice
                                USENet:  ...!lbl-csam!rice!phil