net.sources archive

reece%nadc at sri-unix.UUCP reece%nadc at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Jan 10 01:37:45 AEST 1984

I put out a request some time ago to try to find a milnet or arpanet
site who keeps the net.sources stuff on-line and could provide anonymous
access. Since no one responded (except to ask for responses) I assume that
no such mechanism exists or is private. There seems to be a widespread
interest in this since many of the messages we see on "wizards" say something
like "I've just posted this really neat program to net.sources....". It's
frustrating to not be able to get it. Can anyone within earshot establish
such an archive for the public good? It wouldn't have to be very large--
perhaps the most recent two weeks worth of messages. It also shouldn't
take much of anyones time if the machine had both interfaces. Any good
samaritans out there?

Jim Reece
REECE at NADC