Request for a tool to build makefiles

jpaulson at AIDS-UNIX.ARPA jpaulson at AIDS-UNIX.ARPA
Sat Jul 7 06:29:56 AEST 1984

From:  john paulson <jpaulson at AIDS-UNIX.ARPA>

  Is there a program available which will create makefiles from a list of
source files?  Specifically, this "makemake" would take as input an argument
list of the form

	makemake [-I<dir>]* source-files

and create as output a makefile which would contain the dependencies for
the objects by going through the list of includes in the source-files.
(The -I flag has the same semantics as the -I flag to cc, which is to
look for header files in the directories named).

  I have used a program such as this at a private company, but I could not
take the source with me as it was company property.  I could also rebuild it,
but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tnx.
	jpaulson at aids-unix