Emacs and XON/XOFF

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Wed Jul 11 02:43:34 AEST 1984

Gee, we've been running our Emacs in CBREAK mode for years, and still use
our meta-keys.  Of course, we did hack the tty driver a little...  Our main
reason for using CBREAK mode is to get the ^G interrupt (yes, we're still
using the infamous HalfBaked mode).  Really nice when your Mlisp goes into
an infinite loop.  I did hack in a variable you can set to get Xon/Xoff flow
control if you need it (but didn't think of using LNEXT).

=Spencer