vi and terminfo

Kurt Haserodt kurt at wucs.UUCP
Tue Jul 10 15:33:00 AEST 1984

We just installed a copy of CCA emacs.  It uses (optionally) terminfo
instead of termcap, and it seems to work just fine either way.  I thought
it would be interesting to try it with vi (the claim for terminfo was
upward compatability with termcap).  Everything linked together nicely,
but when vi was invoked I quickly received a floating point exception.

Since vi works with termcap now, I'm not too inclined to start digging
into the terminfo problem, but .....

if anybody out there has experienced this and is willing to send/post
some of their experiences, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance
--

Kurt Haserodt				..!ihnp4!wucs!kurt
Box 1045 Washington University		(314)-889-6160