Emulex SC780/Fujitsu Eagle 4.1bsd query

Ben Goldfarb Esq. goldfarb at ucf-cs.UUCP
Sat Jun 23 07:43:36 AEST 1984

We will be receiving a SC780 and a Fujitsu Eagle shortly, with the
ultimate plan being to run 4.2bsd on the 780.  We presently run 4.1bsd
with two RP06's which will remain on the system when we convert to
4.2.  There will be a short time during which we will have the Eagle
[hopefully] running under 4.1, which prompts my questions.

	1)  While the hp.c in 4.2 has a table, etc., for the Eagle,
	    4.1 does not.  Thus, it would appear that if I am to run
	    the drive with 4.1 I must get the B2 firmware for the SC780
	    unless I want to hack hp.c.  Is this true?  (The B2 firmware
	    supports 44 sectors per track and wastefully emulates two
	    RP06's).

	2)  If the answer to 1) is yes, does anyone have a hacked hp.c
	    that works with the B3 firmware?  If so I'd appreciate a
	    set of diffs.

	3)  Is the B3 firmware the way to go with 4.2bsd?  It would seem
	    so since it handles 48 sector tracks and allows 414 Mbytes
	    of storage; also, the table in hp.c appears to be set up with
	    this emulation (extended RM80) in mind.

Thank you.

					Ben Goldfarb
					University of Central Florida