info on RA60's

59577 wcs at ho95b.UUCP
Sat Jun 30 07:18:08 AEST 1984

Marty schoff at Cadmus asks:
    For reasons beyond my control I need to run SysV, 4.2bsd, and
    (don't tell anyone) VMS.  My best bet it would seem is to stick
    to a DEC removable disk and the RA60 looks relatively reasonable.
    Does anyone know what the reliablity of this disk is?

I'm putting this  reply on the net  for  any of you who  are
planning  to buy DEC RA81 or RA60s as your only disks.  They
are  reliable  and cheap, but software support  is uneven.  DEC
has just come out with a driver for System V, which you probably
have  to get directly from them.  We ran  Berkeley on one
machine until we got a beta-version from DEC.  (No problem).
VMS, of course, supports them.
--
				Bill Stewart
				AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel NJ