UUCP ignoring work requests

Stephen Dyer dyer at wivax.UUCP
Fri Jun 1 16:39:38 AEST 1984

As long as we're airing our UUCP bugs in public...

Every now and then, work requests (from mail) to one particular machine
pile up in our /usr/spool/uucp without being transferred.  That is,
polling the other site causes a successful connection, but no data
is transferred (and vice versa.)  This seems to spontaneously clear
itself after about a week--I have no idea yet what is going on at
the other end.

Before I start spelunking in the code, I wondered if any others out there
have seen this or similar behavior before, and whether they have any
theories.
--
/Steve Dyer
decvax!bbncca!sdyer