VT-100 emulations.

scw at UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA scw at UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA
Sun Mar 18 03:48:00 AEST 1984

From:  Steve Woods <cepu!scw at UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA>

I have used a TAB vt100 emulator for about 3 years now.  It is a  *BIG WIN*
The display is nice and large (the chars are as big in 132 col mode as they
are in 80 col mode on a VT-100).  The keyboard is well laid-out, the home keys
fell different from the rest of the keys (they are dished differently and
have a little bump in the center of them).  Setups are by a menu with several
(about 10) different displays and 10 (? I'm doing this from home, not work)
function keys to change the state of each setup value.  The only complaint
that I have about it is the cost (c$1200).  It seems to really emulat a
vt100 well (I have used it with just about everything under unix,  KED,
EDT, and TECO UNDER RT11 and RSX-11)
<scw>