Job opening at NTA

ole%nta-vax at sri-unix.UUCP ole%nta-vax at sri-unix.UUCP
Sun Mar 18 10:12:00 AEST 1984

From:  Ole Jorgen Jacobsen <ole at nta-vax>

	Who would like to stay in Norway for a while?

	The Research Establishment of the Norwegian Telecommunications
	Administration has a 6 to 12 months  opening for a person with
	UNIX background and interests in  communications. Currently we
	have one VAX-750 running Berkeley UNIX 4.2 connected as a host
	to DARPA's internet and as a host on our local ethernet. Other
	hosts on the ethernet will be 2  PERQ workstations and several
        NORD computers.

	The  Research  Establishement  is engaged in  several collabo-
	ration programs with  institutions in  Norway and abroad.  One
	such  project is  a Norwegian  internet  experiment  involving
	institutions in different  cities, where several ethernets are
	to be connected  by  means of the public X.25  Service, leased
	lines, and  satellite circuits.  We will use a  blend of DARPA
        technology and  ISO  standards. Other  projects  will  involve
        electronic mail, multi-media mail, and TELETEX/ARPAmail inter-
	operation.

	The position is open for faculty/staff member on master or Phd
	level, who would consider a sabbatical period in this country.
	Start summer/fall 1984.	The person should help expand our UNIX
	capabilities, work on  one of the  research projects mentioned
	above, or pursue  his/her own  interests as long  as this  has
	some connection with either US DoD or ISO standards.

	NTA-RE is situated  about 15  miles outside Oslo in  beautiful
	country surroundings, and there are plenty of opportunites for
	skiing and other  outdoor activities.  The Research Establish-
        ment has its own kindergarten.

	For further information contact:

			Paal Spilling
			Norwegian Telecommunications Administration
			Research Establishment
			PO Box 83
			N-2007 Kjeller
			Norway
			Phone:  +47 2 73 91 25
			Arpanet: paal at NTA-VAX   ole at NTA-VAX