Talk hanging under 4.2bsd

Jonathan Biggar jonab at sdcrdcf.UUCP
Wed May 30 10:16:05 AEST 1984

We are currently testing 4.2bsd in preparation to bring it up
permanently, and have run into a problem with talk.

When talk is run, it hangs up looking for a local invitation
from the target person.  I have run the talk daemon with
debuging on, and the LOOKUP packet is received by the talk
daemon.  It then says that it is sending a reply but it never
gets back to talk.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jon Biggar
{allegra,burdvax,cbosgd,hplabs,ihnp4,sdccsu3}!sdcrdcf!jonab