1620's

tim at callan.UUCP tim at callan.UUCP
Fri May 25 06:19:09 AEST 1984

[]
  I am not old enough to have used the 1620, so I am getting
tired of all this 1620 stuff.  My first computer was a SR-52
from Texas Instruments.

  If I held it near my AM radio, it would make noise.  It was
always the same type of noise so I was never able to play music.

  For mass storage I had magnetic cards.  Programs were limited
to 224 steps.  However, it was possible for a true hacker to
make his program swap into data memory, gaining some steps that
way.  I also did some overlays on magnetic cards.

  Seriously, perhaps it is time to start a new newsgroup, say
net.unix-wizards.senile for people who want to talk about their
old machines?