use of sockets, etc. in 4.2

crp at ccivax.UUCP crp at ccivax.UUCP
Tue May 8 23:56:39 AEST 1984

	On our 4.2 distribution tape there was an account
for Sam Leffler in /usr/guest. In ~sam/tests were several
programs that demonstrated the use of socket(), bind(), et al.
Also in /usr/doc/ipc is the Interprocess Communications Primer,
I never saw a printed version of this, we've only had 4.2 up
since ~October, why should I expect all of the documentation
already (!!!) ?  Another good example of how to use sockets is
the lineprinter code. It operates in two domains at the same
time (UNIX and INET).  I hope you find something useful in one of
these areas.

				Chuck Privitera
				Computer Consoles Inc.
				Rochester, NY
		{seismo, allegra}!rochester!ritcv!ccivax!crp