A new topic (no, it can't be!)

Rick Genter reg at vaxine.UUCP
Wed May 23 00:08:00 AEST 1984

<This line intentionally left non blank>

     We've all heard about the origins of "grep".  We've heard about return
with and without parentheses.  Well, I would like to start a new subject.

     Can anyone tell me the origin of the abbreviation (I am assuming it is
one) BSS (that little-known section which has a size but no body that is part
of every .o and a.out file)?

     Please send me mail; I will summarize the answers to the net.

                                        -reg
                                        Rick Genter
                                        Automatix Inc.
                                        ...!linus!vaxine!reg