instability in Berkeley versus AT&T releases

Peter DaSilva peter at kitty.UUCP
Fri Aug 9 04:08:22 AEST 1985

> >> With respect to the discussion about the change from stty(2) to ioctl(2),
> >> yes, stty is no longer included in official System V Release 2
> >> documentation, but it is still there in the kernal (it calls ioctl).
> >
> >If it's there it should be documented or porters will eat it. What are the
> >parameters & structures this version accepts? V6 or V7?
>
> It is V6, unfortunately.  I was very disappointed when I found this out, and
> promptly upgraded it to V7.

Well if they'd document this & make sure it doesn't go away I'd drop any
possible objection to the current ioctl. It's a lot more powerful, but for
simple stuff (like setting rawmode) it's too complex.