instability in Berkeley versus AT&T releases (absurdly long)

Tim Smith tim at cithep.UucP
Fri Aug 9 16:15:59 AEST 1985

>> I would sure get upset if when I ran "ls" in the long skinny window
>> on my DMD, it didn't print the file names one per line.  You are
>
>Then why don't YOU alias "ls | cat" and let the majority of the world work.

Ever used a windowing system in a bit mapped display?  HE will be part of
the majority, not you.

>It's these weird variants put in for esoteric special cases that really
>bugs me about SV. How many AT&T 7300s are going to benefit from SV accounting
>stuff?

Excuse me, but it is not AT&T that is putting in special cases!  And why is
accounting a special case?  You are perfectly free to turn off and remove all
accounting stuff from your 7300 ( This is complete speculation on my part,
but they couldn't have shpxrq(ROT 13) it up THAT badly, could they? )
--
Multi-column output should be handled in the terminal driver, so
all program will be able to use it. :-)