instability in Berkeley versus AT&T releases (absurdly long)

Peter da Silva peter at baylor.UUCP
Tue Aug 13 11:37:05 AEST 1985

> Ever used a windowing system in a bit mapped display?  HE will be part of
> the majority, not you.

The majority will also have better things than ls for looking at directories.
Like, say, icons? And have you ever done windowing at 300, 1200, or even 2400
baud?

> Excuse me, but it is not AT&T that is putting in special cases!  And why is
> accounting a special case?  You are perfectly free to turn off and remove all
> accounting stuff from your 7300 ( This is complete speculation on my part,
> but they couldn't have shpxrq(ROT 13) it up THAT badly, could they? )

It was my understanding from reading the manuals that it was implemented in
the kernal, and thus couldn't be removed. I've been informed that this is
not true. (wipes egg off face)
--
	Peter da Silva (the mad Australian)
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter