instability in Berkeley versus AT&T releases (absurdly long)

Peter da Silva peter at baylor.UUCP
Mon Aug 19 00:27:16 AEST 1985

> From *both* viewpoints, it is simpler to have pagination available in the
> tty driver.  This means that the implementors don't have to kludge it into
> every program, and the users need neither lightning reflexes nor high
> sophistication.	 Try it, you'll like it.

You mean like on TOPS-20? Where it seems the tty drivers use TERMCAP or an
equivalent (if you type more than 1 line & hit ^U it cursors to the beginning
of the input line (maybe several terminal lines above) and sends a CL sequence!

But back to the subject... I tried it. I didn't like it. It seems to be
difficult to tell what's a page and what isn't.
--
	Peter da Silva (the mad Australian werewolf)
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter