more

cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA
Thu Feb 21 03:33:24 AEST 1985

/*
Doug Gwyn writes...
> Exactly right.  "more" is a great example of poor UNIX software design.
> To their everlasting discredit, AT&T cranked out a "more" look-alike
> called "pg" in UNIX System V Release 2.0.
>
> "Software tools for software fools"

Am I really reading this? How can you live without more? Do you object
to the specific implementation or the general idea. The first thing I
did when I became a user on V6 was hack up (as I am a dedicated amatuer
hacker) a version of more. Living without csh was tough, tho.

	jim

"more kooks, less nukes!"
*/