Which *nix ? BSD : System V

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Wed Feb 20 13:43:35 AEST 1985

> I'm not sure what the result would be with Doug Gwyn's SysV emulation
> under 4.2BSD, either; if it doesn't provide a separate copy of <fcntl.h>
> your program would be built for 4.2BSD, but would be linked with SysV
> libraries.

Not a problem; the emulation is complete unto itself and has its own
ersatz System V include directory (the files in it have been tweaked
a bit to fit 4.2BSD but the user is not supposed to notice this).  I
even went so far as to avoid #including ANY native 4.2BSD headers,
but I would not recommend this as a general practice!  (I plead
extenuating circumstances.)