yacc: public domain?

Ron McDaniels ron at celerity.UUCP
Fri Feb 1 04:13:27 AEST 1985

In article <305 at terak.UUCP> doug at terak.UUCP (Doug Pardee) writes:
>> How do I
>> know that the output of the C compiler isn't the legal property of
>> the compiler's author?
>
>In the case if C (and most other high-level languages), the output
>of the compiler isn't usually considered to be property of the
>compiler company. . . . . .

Scratch "usually". If I buy a meat grinder from you and put my steak through
it to make hamburger (assume a low quality cut :-), the hamburger doesn't become
yours just because you manufactured the meat grinder. If I make a sandwich from
the hamburger with your bread and mayo, then the sandwich isn't completely mine.

Well, it makes sense to me!! :-)

Ron McDaniels
CELERITY COMPUTING
{decvax || ucbvax || ihnp4 || akgua || philabs}!sdcsvax!celerity!ron