more

David Haynes david at ecr.UUCP
Tue Feb 26 20:13:48 AEST 1985

Sure, AT&T created a pseudo-more program (pg) but what does it do?
On the 3B2/300 it beeps at the end of the page *regardless* of your
TERM setting. I (and I don't think I'm alone) absolutely hate to
be beeped at by something that was not of my choosing and a beep every
20 odd lines or so is *very* annoying. "Don't like it? Write your
own!" (that's what I did) but that takes time I really didn't want
to spend.

					David Haynes

					..utzoo!ecrhub!ecr!david

	"You must look out in Britain that you are not
	 cheated by the charioteers."
				Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)