more

Robert Viduya robert at gitpyr.UUCP
Mon Feb 25 00:37:55 AEST 1985

> Exactly right.  "more" is a great example of poor UNIX software design.
> To their everlasting discredit, AT&T cranked out a "more" look-alike
> called "pg" in UNIX System V Release 2.0.
>
> "Software tools for software fools"

Sure beats trying to be quick the ^S key at 9600 baud.  It may not be a tool,
but then (under that definition) neither is a screen editor.

Sure, UNIX(TM) and the term "Software Tools" pretty much go hand in hand.
Does this mean that every program delivered with UNIX or (even worse) that
every program on the system has to be a tool?  I don't believe so, at least
not in the case of interactive programs.

			robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert