What is the delta of S5 and 4.2?

Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) gwyn at Brl-Vld.ARPA
Thu Jan 17 11:01:44 AEST 1985

I suggest that a moderator collect input to the System V vs. 4.2BSD
discussion and summarize it to the net, including INFO-UNIX (net.unix).
Otherwise we will all have to wade through many biased flames.
Quarterman & Chambers presented a reasonable comparison of these
systems a couple of times at USENIXes, although the systems have
continued to evolve since then so that some of the points are no
longer accurate.  If they don't wish to volunteer as a moderator
for this discussion, I will.  Send contributions to:
	decvax!brl-bmd!gwyn (UUCP)
	gwyn at brl-vld.ARPA (Internet)
and I'll post a summary comparison after I get back from USENIX.