yacc: public domain?

Brandon Allbery the tame hacker on the North Coast root at ncoast.UUCP
Tue Jan 15 05:34:59 AEST 1985

+----------------
| In article <4866 at utzoo.UUCP> henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
| >> 						Over the years, thousands of
| >> 	unprivileged users have been given unrestricted access to /usr/include
| >> 	and all other cat-able files.  So where is the secret?
| >
| >Anyone who has granted access to this stuff without imposing a non-disclosure
| >requirement as a condition of access is in violation of their Unix licence,
| >and AT&T could sue them for their shirts over it.
|
| Are you saying that *anybody* who uses a system should be made to sign a
| non-disclosure agreement?  I doubt that any university (with several hundred
| students on a typical Unix machine) could force all of them to sign any such
| thing.

At which point we can drop Unix and its paranoid owner, AT&T, in the
dungheap and go for something sane.  Maybe if we push this, AT&T will
get it together (if it CAN)...

--bsa
--
   Brandon Allbery @ decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bsa (..ncoast!tdi1!bsa business)
6504 Chestnut Road, Independence, Ohio 44131  +1 216 524 1416 (or what have you)