maxusers in config file (4BSD)

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Tue Jan 22 02:31:49 AEST 1985

[Please excuse the ravings; this is one of my favorite subjects for
frothing at the mouth]

> In order to comply with AT&T's restrictions on binary licenses, we've
> added a maxusers() system call that returns the value from the
> config maxusers parameter.

ANOTHER SYSTEM CALL just for ONE STUPID INTEGER?!  What is this anyway?
How about having a single system call, ``getinterestingkernelnumber'',
which takes an argument describing which integer to return?

[There, I feel much better now...]
--
(This line accidently left nonblank.)

CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland