Problems with automatic (\"answering machine\") mail responders

Mike Shaddock shaddock at rti-sel.UUCP
Wed Jul 10 01:02:08 AEST 1985

In article <11405 at brl-tgr.ARPA> lauren at rand-unix.ARPA writes:
>Luckily, that scenario doesn't happen very often, since many (but not all)
>of the responders are smart enough to send only one copy of the

The "answering machine" program that I've seen keeps track of who it
has replied to, and only replies to each person once.  This would be a
partial solution for mailing lists, although the first time an article
came through everybody on the list would get bombarded.
--
Mike Shaddock			{decvax,seismo}!mcnc!rti-sel!shaddock