monitoring ttys

Richard Kelley rpk at ecsvax.UUCP
Fri Jul 12 01:59:31 AEST 1985

Problem: Users frequently have problems with various application
programs, and in order to help them I have to go find them, look
over their shoulder while they reproduce the problem.

	Is there anyway I can monitor their i/o from the console
terminal, like on CMS (IBM) systems?  (The system administrator can
watch a user "conversation" with CMS.)

	Apologies if this question has been answered before...there
is probably a simple solution but I don't know of one. One other thing:
many times the ttys are in the RAW mode, and we run sysIII.

	I am aware there may be some security concerns (although I'd
run the program under root) so if you want to mail you solution to
a "root" address use the following:
      decvax!mcnc!rti-sel!flan!root

	-Dick
USENET:  {akgua decvax duke ihnp4 unc}mcnc!ecsvax!rpk
                             -or-     mcnc!rti-sel!flan!rpk
ARPA:    decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!rpk at BERKELEY