a file called 0

Larry Lippman larry at kitty.UUCP
Sun Jul 21 09:22:23 AEST 1985

> Has anyone out there found a mysterious file called "0" appearing
> every once in a while when vi is used? It seems to be a result of
> quiting vi. It has nothing in it. If this happened every time I would
> find it less curious, but it is very rare and I cannot figure it out.
> Does anyone have any answers on this. (it is possible that this
> is not vi related) My system is a Mostek Matrix Vmebus computer with
> a Unisoft 68k sysV port. Thanks in advance...
>                            Erik James Freed
> 			   Aurora Systems
> 			   San Francisco, CA
> 			   {dual,ptsfa}!aum!freed

	We use 68010 VME-bus systems made by Ironics Inc. (IV-1600S) which
run Unisoft System V.  We almost exclusively use vi and have never experienced
the problem.  Could you be more explicit?  How do you quit vi (':q!', 'ZZ',
':q', etc.)?  Have you set any ex options?  Are you running in 'open mode'?
What is in the file '0'?

	Larry Lippman
	Recognition Research Corp.
	Clarence, New York
	{bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
	{rice,shell}!baylor!kitty!larry
	TELEPHONE: 716/741-9185
	TELEX (WUI): 69-71461 ANSWERBACK: elgecomclr