Help: socket buffer size

Dongman Lee dmlee at cheviot.uucp
Fri Jul 12 02:00:26 AEST 1985

I am going to increase the size of socket buffers on 4.2BSD.
Before doing it, I would like to ask advice of wizards in netlands:
   i) what is the limit of the socket buffer size?
  ii) if I increase the size, does it affect the kernel operation?
Thanx.

Dongman Lee
Computing Lab., University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
ARPA: dmlee%cheviot.newcastle.ac.uk at ucl-cs.ARPA
UUCP: <UK>!ukc!cheviot!dmlee