4.2 tip CONNECT features

Guy Middleton gamiddleton at thunder.UUCP
Sat Jul 13 00:58:55 AEST 1985

In article <1286 at rocksvax.UUCP> z at rocksvax.UUCP (Jim Ziobro) writes:
>I noticed that 4.2 tip had an extra command "~C" to connect a program to the
>remote line. ... ...
>
>Has anyone else played with this section of tip?

We have here, sort of.  One of the problems with Kermit is that it knows
nothing about dialers (nor should it; we already have two programs on 4.2bsd
(uucp and tip) that do, and that's quite enough).  I gave Kermit another
command-line option (I called it 'T'), which told it that it had been called
with the "~C" command of tip.  That way, tip takes care of the dialer, and
the LCK file.  The modification to Kermit was quite minor.
--
	Guy Middleton, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ont.
	..{allegra,clyde,decvax,utcsrgv}!watmath!thunder!gamiddleton