Rebooting 4.2BSD on a 780

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.UUCP
Thu Jun 27 10:28:55 AEST 1985

In article <405 at umcp-cs.UUCP> chris at umcp-cs.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>By the way, some 750 boot ROMs have a bug that loses the flags
>if you don't specify the device name, so we generally do
>
>	B/3 DUA0
>
>to come up single user from something other than ra(0,6)vmunix.
>(Yes, our root file system on our 750s is on /dev/ra0g.)

That's true on older 750s.  Current ones don't have the problem.
DEC fixed that one at least a year and a half ago, since that's
when we got our 750.  A 750 I used that was new about 3 years
ago did have the bug.

--
Ed Gould		    mt Xinu, 2910 Seventh St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146

"A man of quality is not threatened by a woman of equality."