Emulex TC-7000 related crash (780, 4.2)

Fred Toth #7252 fpt at wgivax.UUCP
Thu Jun 27 08:33:14 AEST 1985

Has anyone out there had problems with the Emulex TC-7000
massbus adaptor and 4.2?   We are running a VAX 780. The
tape drives are Kennedy 9400's.

We are having a tape related protection fault panic. I am
no kernel pro, but it appears to happen when the driver (ht.c)
calls the 'clrbuf' macro. From the code, (and other drivers),
I gather that this call is for a boundary condition when
using blocked tape. We, however, use raw tape always. We
don't even have nodes for block tape.

The crash is not frequent, and after a reboot, the offending
tape often reads perfectly (even though several hard errors
preceded the crash).

Can anyone comment?

Fred Toth, Washburn Graphics, Charlotte, NC
decvax!mcnc!unccvax!wgivax!fpt