4.2BSD on uVaxII ??

Guy Harris guy at sun.uucp
Sat Jun 1 16:57:19 AEST 1985

> 	I have a hard believing the *'d item. BSD4.x has had hashed
> inodes and linked process queues since before it was released!
> I should know, I have seen pre-release listings of the kernel source
> from Berkeley and these features are there. I cannot see Berkeley
> removing them after putting them in!

What is the value of "x" in "BSD4.x"?  4.1BSD had hashed inode and buffer
lookup, which stayed around in 4.2.  4.2 (and, I think, 4.1) also had
pointers to a process' parent, youngest living child, next older sibling,
and next younger sibling, but didn't use any of those other than the parent
pointer.  4.3 uses those pointers (it's a trivial change to make 4.2 use
them), and also has a linked list of non-empty process table slots, which
4.2 did not have.

	Guy Harris