Can something like Script be done in System V?

Scott Herzinger scotth at grpwre.UUCP
Tue Jun 25 17:05:54 AEST 1985

> there's not
> much point in running "vi" with its input coming from a program generating
> commands or from a file consisting of commands generated by a program.
> 	Guy Harris

One point in running any program whose quality is to be assured,
including screen-oriented editors, with its input coming from a file is
in automating the testing process.  A screen-oriented language-directed
editor in whose development I participated could not have been tested
in a timely way without using this technique.

--
		Scott Herzinger, Groupware Systems
		...!{ucbvax,decvax,ihnss}!tektronix!reed!grpwre!scotth