How do you spell "Motorola 68000"?

Ken Turkowski ken at turtlevax.UUCP
Wed May 29 04:19:47 AEST 1985

In article <2234 at sun.uucp> guy at sun.uucp (Guy Harris) writes:
>Can we please get together and decide on *one* #define constant which says you
>have a Motorola 68000 architecture, and maybe several #define constants for
>the various chips in that family?

I have heard several people on the net refer to the "mc68k" #define,
which seems to be THE one to use for the 68xxx family of processors.
It IS still necessary, though, to have the #definitions mc68000,
mc68010, mc68020 for the specific processor chips, to take advantage of
the extra power in the instruction sets.
--

Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,hplabs,nsc,seismo,spar}!turtlevax!ken