Info needed on Dec DHU11 communication board

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.UUCP
Fri May 10 14:48:27 AEST 1985

>     	Also, just how complicated is it to add supplementary memory to
>     a Vax 11/750 running UNIX. Do I have to make modifications to the kernal
>     to utilize the new memory, or does the system take care of these things
>     for me?
> The kernel takes care of those things for you.

True for a 750 or 730 (since they can't have more than 8 Mbytes), or
with 4.3BSD.  On a 780 or 785 with 4.2 there are several changes that
need to be made to support more than 8 Mbytes of physical memory.

--
Ed Gould		    mt Xinu, 2910 Seventh St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146