Vax memory utilization on 4.2 BSD.

Sean Casey sean at ukma.UUCP
Sat Nov 23 10:09:41 AEST 1985

I've noticed that our Vax 11/750 with 5 megs running 4.2 BSD almost never
uses more than half of the physical memory.  Does anyone know of a simple
way to retune the vm scheduler?  I've considered raising the virtual paging
point by fiddling with some of the constants, but I'm not sure of all the
consequences.  Is there anyone out there that can give me some help?  Any
ideas at all would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sean Casey