Need Help with Racal-Vadic Maxwell 1200V modems

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Sun Nov 17 07:53:11 AEST 1985

In article <600 at isrnix.UUCP> hal at isrnix.UUCP (hal) writes:
>Recently we installed 2 Racal-Vadic Maxwell 1200V modems, ...
>                                  ... Since using these modems, we can only
>receive incoming calls, the system is unable to dial out from any resepct.

Make sure that your version of uucico has the RVMACS support compiled
in.  A "strings /usr/lib/uucp/uucico" might or might not tell you this.
Most sites will not have it, as default is to leave it out.  If you
have source, check uucp.h to make sure it is defined; otherwise, ask
your software support centre to compile it that way for you.

Then, make sure your definition of outgoing lines specifies that you
have that style modem.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}